Monday, 19 September 2016

Pappa Rich - the father of fish soup!

I caught up with the lovely Bu Glenda for an impromptu dinner of Malaysian hawker food at Pappa Rich in Ozone at Knox a little while back. Most of the menu is off-limits to me now - no rice, no noodles, no bread - so I gravitated towards soup. At the time, I wasn't able to get much solid food down so when I saw a soup that had silken tofu in it the 'DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER' lights and sirens went off in my head, and I knew what I was getting.

IMG_20160814_182835147
Fishy! Why are you so yummy?

This enormous bowl of fish fillet soup (minus the noodles) landed on the table. It was a clear broth that I was worried on sight might be too oniony - but I was pleasantly surprised, as it was salty and fishy (funny that). The fillets were crispy but sogged up the soup after a bit, and the tofu was almost infused by the broth by the time I got it. The veggies in the broth were fresh and provided a point of contrast in the taste and texture of the other elements.

I liked Pappa Rich before, but now I like them even more. They're happy to change some of their menu items so they're sleeve-friendly (remove the noodles from the soup, for example) and are prepared with copious varieties of take-away containers so the leftovers can be accommodated. To top it off, they're very inexpensive and if you choose right from their ENORMOUS menu their food can be healthy and high in protein.

PappaRich Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment