Sunday, 25 September 2016

A Match (& Co) made in heaven..!

Earlier this year I was a bit despondent as I couldn't find somewhere to get my chai from in the morning that rivalled any of the joints I'd enjoyed while I was working in Mitcham. Mona's Bakehouse was okay, but their specialty is baked stuff - their chai was okay but not something I'd go out of my way for.

Imagine my happy when I noticed Match & Co had opened their doors.

Chai contains enough sugar and milk to get me going for the day, and it tastes awesome into the bargain. It's hard to find good chai - and while Match & Co use powder it's pretty good - definitely not a generic one, not too sweet but not weak either. It's a very reasonable $4.50 for a medium one. I've picked up coffee for my co-teacher as well - she likes a skinny cap with sugar - and I am assured their coffee is amazing too.

IMG_20160830_073706483
Oooh, pretty!

Their displays are always picture perfect - croissants, petit fours, biscuits, slices... sniffle - they look so good! While I can't enjoy their sweets, I've bought one of the chef's fresh breakfast muffins and eaten the middle out of it. There's something I can't quite put my finger on - I think it's that they use some kind of special sauce on it that adds a real zing to the bacon, egg and cheese.

IMG_20160907_081529173

IMG_20160907_081700440
Mmm, proteinfull muffin innards

The only down side to their amazing operation is that they don't open on Monday and I REALLY NEED A CHAI BEFORE SCHOOL ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK. Still, you can't blame them - they need a break after being busy over the weekend! If you're in Dingley Village, this is THE place to hit up for your hot drink and brunchy stuff fix.

Match & Co  Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

3 comments:

  1. Picture perfect display of bakery indeed.
    Bakery is my weak spot actually.
    You have a wonderful food blog
    (Blog Hop – September Round-Up, Swap-Bot ID : Vishruti)

    ReplyDelete