Sunday, 15 November 2015

EDB15 - One Month On: Eat Drink Blog Canberra and What I Learned

It's hard to believe Eat Drink Blog 2015 was less than a month ago.

I've renounced the words 'nice' and 'good' in all future reviews unless they are creatively punctuated or part of a quote (thank you Wendy Johnson). I have finally finished batching my posts (thank you Carly Jacobs of Smaggle), and have got busy Instagramming (thank you Todd Wright and Tammi Kwok). I've given food styling a go, and am enjoying it so much I'm hoping to do more (thank you Tess Godkin). I'm gearing up to try my first foodie video produced entirely on my phone (thank you Alice Lau). I'm contemplating whether planning to move into full-time blogging is for me or whether I need to wait and just see if it happens by serendipity (thank you Merrymaker Sisters, Liz Posmyk and Amanda Whitley). And all the while I'm contemplating how my parents ever left Canberra when it was clearly Australia's culinary centerpiece in the mid-to-late 20th Century (thank you Matthew Evans for shedding some light on that one!)?

And then there was the food. Oh dear Lord, the food. THIS IS WHERE LE FOOD PR0N BEGINS. IF THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE HERE FOR. CLICKY DA LINKIES!

Drool along with me over croquembouche, cupcakes, juice and gozleme at the Capitol Region Farmers' Markets.

Check out my first ever cubanos for lunch at Westside in Acton Park.

Read about oysters, pork belly, black gnocchi and pepper meringue at A.Baker.

Ride along with me for a Brathaus breakfast (and muesli and juice) at the Nishi Gallery.

If you're a coffee lover, you'll like reading about coffee galore at The Cupping Room.

...and a gorgeous goodie bag to take home.

A massive thank you must go to the organising committee (Amanda Whitley of HerCanberra, Giulia Porro of Love At Every Bite, Linda Soo of You Berra Believe It, Rachi Perera of Le Bon Vivant and Tara Cheyne of In The Taratory) who did a fantastic job and made sure everything ran smoothly over the weekend.

I am so excited to put what I've learned into practice. Stay tuned for big changes to Let's Make A Panda over the next few months!

1 comment:

  1. Best of success with your future blogging endeavours! Lovely to meet you at EDB x

    ReplyDelete